The media & entertainment industry is going through an immense transformation with demands on technology, content distribution and competition from non-traditional sources of content. The industry must tackle each of those challenges. At the heart of this is the understanding of your own content through a consistent global view of the content & its metadata within your organization. Advancement in natural language processing and image analysis generate knowledge about your content that will help you drive automated workflows. This knowledgebase of your content combined with intimate understanding of customers’ preferences will enable content discovery as the success criteria for the future. Finally, automation in delivery of your content across the globe in multiple formats will drive newer opportunities.
Challenges of Today
The growth of a media organizations is hampered by some of the challenges listed below:
- Workflows are designed to adopt around the capabilities (or lack thereof) of various products inducted into the pipeline over the years.
- Workflows are linear, with output of one step blocking the progress of next step.
- Workflow scaling to meet increased demands requires scaling of monolithic components without the ability to scale individual components.
- Workflows lack automation and are heavily dependent on human touches to trigger workflows and make simple decisions.
- Decentralized approach that worked previously in now the biggest challenge by creating silos within organization that duplicate effort & drive inefficiency and inconsistency.
- Lack of truly scalable systems that can scale individual functions on demand.
What is Fuse Metadata Manager?
Fuse Metadata Manager gives you the tools to manage every aspect of your metadata. It provides a centralised view via an administrative console. This approach allows multiple teams and workflows to ingest, enrich, and distribute in a non-linear fashion
This approach solves the following challenges:
- Eliminates silos created within the organizations through a centralized platform for metadata operations providing a single source of accurate and consistent metadata.
- Provides a multi-tenant, multi-lingual platform to support a global organization.
- Reduces manual work by building scalable, automated workflows to ingest, processing and enrich metadata allowing operators to focus on other critical issues.
- Removes linear workflow dependencies by allowing parallel processing of the metadata via cloud based SaaS solutions.
- Integrates with existing customer systems to ingest or distribute metadata through an adapter approach. Fuse Publisher – Provides the ability for the media organizations to automate the ingest, processing and delivery of their content with a clear view of the status of the workflows.
- Cloud native solution provides ability to build truly scalable workflows with prioritization and ability to scale individual components on demand to fulfill regular or burstable delivery projects.
- Reduces manual work by building automated workflows to ingest, process and distribute content allowing operators to focus on other critical issues.
- Integrates with external and internal systems to build the end-to-end delivery workflows.
- Drives efficiencies by eliminating duplication of assets, ability to migrate assets into cheaper storage class.
- A usage based SaaS model provides predictable costs for content delivery operations and new distribution contracts.
Features of Fuse Metadata Manager
- Single source of truth
- A fully configurable dashboard provides the view of data appropriate to your needs.
- Role based access control gives fine grained control over what users see.
- The console is built on the Palette principles – continuous deployment, quality focussed, independently deployable micro-services.
- Built on the Palette APIs.
- SaaS-based, Multi-lingual (metadata), Multi-lingual (editorially).
- Micro-service architecture and independently deployable so non-invasive deployments.
- Built on a Micro Services Architecture (MSA)
- Continuous deployment
- Scalable within seconds
- Fully compatible with alternative services (Piksel and 3rd parties)
- Deployed in the cloud, on premise or as hybrid
- Standalone or fully integrated
- API driven interfaces
- User friendly admin console
- Configurable dashboard
- In-line editing
- Change sets
- Entitlement management
- Bi-directional relationships
- Availability windows
- Content placement
- Linear channels, stations, and programme slots
- Electronic programme guide
- Localisation of metadata
- Manual ingest of individual assets using drag and drop
- Ingest management
- Feed Management
- Editorially curated lists
- View workflow progress, success + failure in real time.
- High volume, highly performance distributed ingestion.
- Automated de-duplication, matching, and normalization.
- View a full overview of a job including status, input, output and any error conditions. This view is available through the API which means that this can be integrated in many ways, email, in to your own systems, to the dashboard, etc.
- Metadata enrichment via an api conection to third party metadata suppliers.
- Fast (1.5gb TVA ingest around 4 minutes)
- Centralised, consolidated metadata management
- Content, Category, Credits, People, Assets, Offers, Roles, Segments
- EPG management
- Full multi-lingual support
- Consistent domain model
- Tenancy inheritance
- Responsive UI
- Matching, de-duplication, enrichment and augmentation
- Dynamic tagging model
- Comprehensive query and filter mechanism
Broadcast Grade Support
- Over a decade of experience serving Tier 1 clients
- Pay of the data you use
- Public cloud with auto scaling ensures you won’t be caught out when demand spikes
- 24/7 support from our Managed Services Team
- Ongoing improvements and support with continuous deployment and zero downtime